Sunday, November 7, 2010

Caracas, Bogota, Quito, Lima, La Paz....

Okay, if you haven't been able to tell by my previous posts, I really enjoy using videos in the classroom. These next two videos are both called Rock the Countries, one being based for Central America, and the other for South America. These videos teach students the capitals for each country in Central and South America. What is funny about this is that I actually remember learning these songs in my kindergarten Spanish class... so hopefully that is an encouragement to show you that these really do stick with students!

These videos are set to a song with a steady beat, and go country by country, repeating the capital and country name multiple times before beginning a new one. Yes, it is repetitive, but trust me, after watching these once, they are hard to forget. They are also very classroom appropriate, and would work perfectly at the beginning of the semester when teaching students general information about the Spanish speaking world. These videos are great for K-12, they are fun, and it would be a great opportunity to get students involved by having them sing along.

As always, feel free to leave questions, comments or concerns!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Kaki, this link takes me back to middle school when we used the same chant to learn the capitals. To this day I have them all memorized thanks to that song! I remember everyone really liked when we got to sing these in class- it really is hard to get out of your head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for finding this! It's been stuck in my head for 13 years now. Such a catchy way for students to remember the capitals, and I love seeing it with a map too.

    ReplyDelete